Mark your calendar for January 1, 2016 at 10:00 AM and join us for the 2nd annual (micro) MARATHON! …2.62 miles of running (or walking!), for a great cause. Race is an out and back course starting at George Rogers Park in Lake Oswego.
This will be an exciting activity for the whole family and 100% of the money will be donated to the Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) for kids in Foster Care.
Registration is through AthletePath (link not active until November 19, 2015).
“Go forth, and do good”, DHS District Manager
Did you know:
- there are 8,700 kids in Oregon Foster care
- kids in Foster care can spend up to 1.5 hours (one way) in transportation
- these vehicles do not have any entertainment systems
- Provide money to equip the DHS vehicles with ipads, or similar devices
- Provide movies, games & entertainment
- Starting with the Clackamas County and Tri County, with plans for future counties as funds are available.
- Kids are often in the vehicles for up to 1.5 hours each way (not including unexpected traffic & congestion)
- Provides entertainment / distraction
- Easier for drivers to concentrate
- Fun & learning!